LED LIGHTS FOR OUTDOOR LIGHTING
We are witnessing a rapid rise within a few years of LED lighting. This irreversible process will be accelerated along with their appreciation. Additional accelerator that are adopted in the EU for a phased ban on incandescent bulbs, including halogen, and their gradual replacement with energy saving, including LED are especially promising.
LEDs, which for short we will refer to their common name LED (Light Emitting Diode) are solid state electronic components (diodes) that the flow of electric light. Unlike conventional incandescent bulbs with LED majority of electrical energy is converted into light, not heat. Acting on the principle of electroluminescence LED was invented in 1962 by Nick Holonyak, and production began in 1968
The success of LED lights is due to:
- Low power consumption – up to 90% less than consumption of a conventional bulb. In addition to save a significant amount of illumination of the user, saved more electricity means reducing discharges into the surrounding area emissions of carbon dioxide.
- Extremely their long lifetime – about 50,000 hours. Durability of LED lighting is largely dependent on their protection against overheating and moisture. The first problem is solved by an efficient cooling system, and the second – lights for outdoor use have protection class IP 44 (protection against water splashes).
- Great durability of the LED makes them long lasting. In practice they do not require replacement and thus saving additional cost.
- The power of the LED light can be adjusted gradually within 0-100%.
- LED no initial heating period and immediately after power began to glow with maximum brightness.
- LED does not constitute waste that could contaminate the environment and therefore no special requirements for their collection. Combining LED with “smart” sensor technology provides even greater benefits: “The economy of electricity for lighting further increased approximately twofold. “Unlike conventional lighting, LED insensitive to frequent switching on and off, it does not affect their durability. This makes them ideal for lighting systems with touch control. “In practice, the instant the lights with maximum brightness in LED lighting with touch control helps increase safety and comfort of people.
- LED not affected by low temperatures and are therefore particularly suitable for outdoor lighting.
This performance of the LED lamp with a photo sensor to determine the level of illumination in the room, placed in a balloon-like classic light bulb is not so sentimental gesture to the past time, as a practical solution to allow the use of existing lighting fixtures with a standard socket E 27. Lamp power 7 W radiates luminous flux 330 lm, which corresponds to the incandescent lamp with a power 30 W. The light output of LED Retrofit is 47,4 lm / W, while conventional bulbs, it is about 11 lm / W. The color temperature of the lamp is 3200 K, so that its light is perceived by the eye as “hot.” Life of LED is 25,000 hours. In light average, 4.5 hours a day, the lamp will have a lifetime of about 15 years. Photosensor includes a lamp upon reaching the minimum level of illumination at dusk and then off at dawn. There is also a mode for continuous lights at night to 4 hours at reduced brightness 15 Lux (1 lm / m²).
The resistance offered by the fixture to the penetration of solids and liquids is indicated by the IP (Ingress Protection) rating. This is a 2 digit number, the first number identifies the degree of protection against the ingress of solids and the second number against liquids e.g. IP65 indicates total protection against dust and protection against low jets of water.En savoir plus